January 4, 2010

January Challenge - Joni




Acrylic Album by Joni
After I took these photos of my son on a "wall of graffiti", I knew they'd look really cool in an acrylic album where I could "show through and share backgrounds". But in my illustrious stash of mini-books, I did not have an acrylic book that suited my needs. So, I just did nothing with my idea (except whine to my husband, I guess...lol!).









For Christmas, he had stopped by the local scrapbook store and bought me a few things, including 12x12 sheets of ACRYLIC!!! (thinner than regular acrylic books, but thicker than a transparancy). They were around $2 per sheet, I think.

I used one and cut it to 12x6 to make the 2 inner pages for my book and just used deco scissors on the edge. I used Chipboard scraps for the 6x12 back cover and smaller front cover. I used LOTS of rub-ons and transparancies. Also, notice the "swirl" on the first acrylic page (at the top)? It's an acrylic stamp...dh bought it for me too (it was only $1, so I figured that's about the normal price of an embellishment anyways, right?).

On the acrylic pages the photos are back to back (so one photo is directly behind the photo on the front that you can see). Joni has more details on her blog.




Now it's your turn to show us what you have created with your Christmas Gift - see the details below in January Christmas Gift Challenge.




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Joni! So bright and summery!
    Love it!
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift form hubby! I love how you made your own acrylic album. I have one I did for my daughter and it is probably my favorite (but mine was premade acrylic album). You got a great album for a very reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni, when I saw your album, the first thing that caught my eye was the acrylic stamp. I thought, she must not know that her stamp is stuck to her album. LOL!!! Little did I know that you used it for an embellishment. What creativity! I love it! The papers you chose are perfect for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - especially all the vibrant colors. Great gift - I swear you have a very smart husband! Someday, I'm going to make an acrylic album.....

    Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how this album turned out and kudos to your hubby for the great scrappy gift! And what a creative way to use a stamp for an embellishment!

    ReplyDelete