April 4, 2010

April Challenge

Friends by Monica
Design Team member Monica submitted this layout for the April Lift Challenge. Her inspiration was this PageMaps sketch from April 2009. She said, "I love using sketches when I scrapbook. It makes starting a page so much easier for me. I print out the sketches from PageMaps each month and glue them into a spiral notebook. I pull out the notebook after I decide how many pictures I want to scrap. I don't always follow the sketch completely though, sometimes I get ideas as I go along.




I did use my stash for this lo. This paper is all 2 or 3 years old I'm guessing. It's paper that I was saving I guess for the right lo. I tend to do that a lot! I really love how it turned out in the end!!

Now it's your turn to take the challenge. Send us your project that you've completed using either a sketch or a Lift. See all the details below in April Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Nice layout Monica! I love your journaled tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. I too love going by sketches and I find PageMaps sketches quite fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Monica. Love those Scenic Route papers on the kraft background!! (love the pic too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great take on the sketch! everything coordinates really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you created this layout from the sketch! Great papers and colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout, great take on the sketch! I also love that you used the "and" symbol in your title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't we all have that special paper that we are saving for just the right layout LOL.
    Beautiful layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies! I actually used the number 3 for the letter "e" because I didn't have any left.

    ReplyDelete