September 3, 2010

September Challenge - Stephanie

This challenge was more of an opportunity for me. I finally had to man up (or woman up as the case may be!) and use my border punches that I've been buying but not using. (What can I say the punches scare me, but clearance doesn't!) I used two punches on this card there's an around the corner one on the green/purple polka dotted paper and a nice weave on the purple patterned paper at the bottom of the card. I had lots of flower mojo in me when I made this card (I think it had something to do with the lady sitting next to me at the crop I was at!) and felt that my mom deserved a lot of buttons and bling on this card.
I hope this card inspires you to step outside of your comfort zone and decorate some of your borders too! Now that I know the punches don't bite, you may just see a page with borders from me!

Now it's your turn to take the challenge.  See all the details in September Challenge below.

11 comments:

  1. Like how you used all your flowers and brads! Pretty colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your punch looks great! I'm glad this challenge pulled you out of your box. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "(What can I say the punches scare me, but clearance doesn't!)" ~ This made me LOL cause I feel the same way. Ha! your card is very pretty. I love buly layouts but have a hard time doing stuff like this on cards. Must start thinking out of the box with them. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me laugh out loud too with that sentence!! I love the card, especially all the flowers and buttons you used. The punches work perfectly - you should definitely use them more often since you do such a great job of it!! Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, punches really don't bite...LOL
    Great use of them,Stephnie! I lvoe the color combo, and all those lovely crochet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers and color you chose are beautiful. maybe now that you have used your punches, you will feel as comfortable about them as you do the clearance section.;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh absolutely fab. yay - get that crocheting gear on! i can't resist a great clearance item either ;) absolutely adore the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo pretty!! Love all the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - lots of different flowers and you did a great job with the border punch!

    I can't resist a sale either....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! Don't be afraid you did a great job with them! I love using my border punches, it always adds a nice touch to a card or lo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you to get those border punches out. I have to say I don't use mine much either. Beautiful card, I love the flowered corner.

    ReplyDelete