October 12, 2010

October Challenge by Stacy H-W


Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the October That Project Challenge.  She said, "Here is "that" layout for me. A layout of my "Grumpy Old Man" who died last year.

This is probably the hardest layout I have had to make.
I loved this dog so much and when he died I just couldn't even think about honoring his memory with a layout. It was just too hard.

It has been a year since he died and I cried the whole time I was scrapping. So I guess it is still hard but doable now.  If you aren't a dog person like me, you will probably think I am being a little silly.
But this dog was like my kid before I had kids. He was my "son" for 14 years.  He was always grumpy even when he was a puppy and most people wouldn't have even wanted him because of it. But he was lucky to get me because I had a hole in my heart and he filled it. He was loyal and protective and loved me too.

Heck, I'm crying while I type this...so lets get to the supplies.
I used Basic Grey Max and Whiskers stuff that I won in a challenge and Sassafras Lass Alphas for the title work. I used a Sassafras Lass Stamp and a Basic Grey Stamp with some brown Ranger Archival ink. The great sketch is from Sketches in Thyme.

I made the leaves by stamping the leaf pattern on my pp and then used my bone folder to outline the veins and then folded each vein to give them depth and dimension.
So here is my "that" layout....where is yours??  See all the details on how to submit your "That" Project in the October Challenge post below.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss...been there done that kind of thing for me....in the past 3 years I have lost 3 of my fur babies....it sure is tough....but I found real comfort in making a special page on each of them....they hang on my fridge for all to see...great layout about your grumpy old man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's crazy. When our cat died a little over a year ago, it was hard on everyone in our family. They are such a big part of our lives. I think this page is a greta way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout that you can treasure forever girl. It's so tough when we lose our canine babies. I'm glad you were able to get where you could scrap about Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Through the tears came a beautiful layout to reflect the memories. I love your color choice (such variety but they all blend well together) and the way you framed the picture is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your dog. But, i'm glad you were able to scrap this and have something to remember him by. (and i love your title).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout, with such a touching story! I understand you so well, I had 2 dogs till I gave birth to my eldest. They were my "babies" and I loved them so much.
    I love the warm colors of your lo, and the leaves are gorgeous!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know what you mean. sometimes our pets are more than just animals. they are part of our family! i'm so glad you muster up the courage to scrap a wonderful memory together. the pp is perfect for this LO and again i just wanted to commend what a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to memorialize your special pet. Love how your title and the special journaling - and how you made the photo the focus of your layout!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete