August 18, 2011

August Re-Do Challenge by Mary Pat

Design Team Member Mary Pat submitted this layout for the August Re-Do Challenge.  She said:

How has your style evolved?  I started out very clean and simple over 10 years ago and I would have to say my style is still the same.  Now there are changes of course in my style. I know that the challenge was ment to be a re-do, but I have never redone any of my layouts.  Why??? I love ALL my layouts the way they are.  I appreciate my style back then and I would never change anything because I made them with love.  Does that make sense?  So therefore  I have picked 2 layouts which demonstrate my style from 8 years ago and my style today.

My first layout is very clean and simple.  This layout was done 8 years ago.  Back then I did not use pattern paper.  Most of my layouts were made just from cardstock.  Occasionally I would add a touch of pattern paper.  I also mainly used brads as my way of embellishing. 

This is my hubby and I at a road side store in Spain sticking our heads through cut outs!! I love this picture of us.


Now today I LOVE pattern paper.  I can't get enough of it.  For this layout I used several differnt pieces from the collection.  Again I still have a very clean and simple style.  All that is changed really is the use of pattern paper.

Now of course I did get a little fancier with the use of my Silhouette for the title, but the lines are still clean and simple.


Now it's your turn to take the August Re-do Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

6 comments:

  1. Great then and now layouts and love the description of how your style has evolved

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what a little patterned paper can do! It would be a challenge for me NOT to use it! I like your clean-line style! Great twist on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work. Love seeing how style evolves over time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see the changes. I think it's aloes interesting in how the changes in the products available to use have changed the way our pages look. Great pages...both of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your style has stayed the same - but yet changed so drastically. Great use of PP - it really does add a lot to a layout.

    ReplyDelete