August 11, 2011

Pagerize Tammy by Christy

Design Team Member Christy submitted this layout for the Pagerize This Challenge # 12.  She said:

We didn't get to go see the shuttle lift off in person. Like many, we watched it live on TV.  For a few days, it was all my son talked about. So it was definitely something I wanted to document. When I saw the current pagerize this challenge, I knew it would work well with the shuttle commemorative patch and the photo of my son at KSC.  

Sometimes, it's difficult to find a sketch or page idea for using a 5x7 photo. Often, when I use 5x7's, I substitute it for 2 smaller photos as I did here. I also rotated Tammy's page to fit the orientation of my photo.
October Afternoon Rocket age paper, sticker and ephemera
NASA mission patch
DMC floss
Creative memories alphas with glossy accents
 Since we did not attend the shuttle lift off in person, I went on-line and gathered some headlines which I will use for a second page later on. I plan to journal from the notes I took of my son's comments about the shuttle.  Newspaper clippings and personal thoughts are  a great way to document historic events in your scrapbook albums.

You still have some time to pagerize Tammy! See all the details HERE!  Don't forget to share your page with us here at Scrap Our Stash!


5 comments:

  1. I love that you included the patch. Great use of the rocket age paper! I love that stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think scrapbooking is all about the memories so it's great that you made this page. I like how you used Tammy's ideas and I like the stitching on your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the hand-stitching and the patch tie in together. Perfect choice for the dark background paper. Great job!
    -Rhonda H

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic LO, I love how you used the patch and a great photo at KSC! I love how you're going to incorporate clippings from the shuttle launch as well, especially since it did mean so much to your son. The papers and stitching are great too, thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to capture a memory. You put so much thought into your layout. Great job!

    ReplyDelete