November 4, 2010

Best of $$Frugal Friday Tip$$

Faux Chipboard Letters by Kathy






My tip is to use chipboard letters as patterns instead of using the actual chipboard. This allows you to never run out of those pesky E's or any other letter. I have posted 2 examples.

In Indian boy - I cut the letters for INDIAN by placing the letters on the front of the paper and traced them with my Zig Writer. Then when I cut them out - I cut them just a little outside the lines leaving a small border.

On the Goofy layout - I traced the letters backward on the red paper from the back. Then I cut them on the line. Then I inked around the edges for emphasis.

To make the letters appear to be chipboard - I used the little foam adhesive (pop-dots) as my adhesive. Even up close and in real life - they totally look like they are chipboard.

This is a great way to match your letters to your layout too - no more having to find chipboard letters that "work" or having to paint, ink or cover them to match your layout. And best of all - you will always have the letters you need!


If you use this tip - please send a picture and brief description of your layout to: scrappinpsycho@live.com and I'll post it here.

Also, if you have a Frugal Tip you'd like to share - please send a picture and description to the above address and it may be posted as a future Frugal Friday Tip.

Don't forget to get your November Challenge in - entries must be received by 6 PM November 30th. Who knows - maybe you will be our next Guest Design Team member. See all the details below in November Challenge.
We're looking forward to hearing from YOU!

7 comments:

  1. Great Layouts Kathy! I love this idea. I am always running out of letters or not finding the right color. The titles are so cute and all those circles on Goofy are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this looks on your layouts! Great tip too! You could use cardstock or pattern paper and get a totally custom look without the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layouts!!!
    Thanks for the idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea and layout Kathy!

    So simple but gret! Will not be running out a gain!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use chipboard. I am always running out of my vowels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great concept. good trick to remember. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete