June 7, 2011

June Something Challenge by Kathryn


Design Team Member Kathryn submitted this project for the June Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Challenge. She said:

This is a really lovely theme for June, I have really enjoyed thinking about all the different items to put onto this project. I have made an altered item project this time, instead of a scrapbook page. I’ve had this box, which I bought at a car boot sale ages ago and I have just not got around to doing anything with it yet, except for putting all my buttons into it. This is my ‘Something Old’ of course! The papers I have used to decorate it are Prima (‘Something New!’) and are really very pretty, I couldn’t resist them. That is my weakness, I have boxes of paper I couldn’t resist that are still now just sitting there! The flowers, vines, bird and corner are cut using the Tim Hotlz tattered florals die and some lovely Marrianne Design dies. The bird, butterflies and the lace coloured with a Versa magic ink are my ‘Something Blue’ of course! The paint is a mixture of Salmon and Watermelon Ranger Dabbers. The only thing I have not included is ‘Something Borrowed’, as I couldn’t see how I could borrow something, stick it onto my project and then give it back. I could have borrowed a die or a stamp of course, but I didn’t think that far ahead at the time!

Now it's your turn to take the June Something Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. Love the feminine, vintage look and colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous!!! It will make a lovely keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the colors and that Prima is just gorgeous! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really really stunning! Worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty project- Love the soft colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is absolutely gorgeous! I love the dimensional embellishments!

    ReplyDelete