October 28, 2011

October Quote Challenge by Ange


Design Team Member Ange submitted this layout for the October Quote Challenge. She said:

Rats, Bats and Dog Poop! That is what my dad always teaches his little grand kids to say. Just the other day my oldest, who is now 13, told me that she can't help but think "Dog Poop" after hearing "Rats, Bats &". Which, I'm sure, is the desired effect my father was after. What a funny man.


I don't generally use quotes in my scrapping, but I'm not against it. It is a tad time consuming to find one that has meaning to me tho. Which is why I chose to quote my father and tell this story. But it worked out that this old kit I had in my stash had a fitting quote sticker for the lo too. I used it in the bottom right corner; "We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Hope you can join in the fun and make your own project using a favorite quote.

:)Ange
http://scrappingcompulsion.blogspot.com/

Now it's your turn to take the October Quote Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. How funny! I adore this layout. That tied piece of ribbon is just too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome - great way to capture a great memory! And the additional quote is perfect.
    Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to use a personal quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! What a wonderful page to capture this story!

    ReplyDelete