February 5, 2012

February LEAP Challenge by Nicky



Guest Design Team Member Nicky submitted this layout for the February LEAP Challenge.  she said:

There are two things that you need to know about me. 1. I am a compulsive purchaser so when I see something I like I can't stop thinking about it until I have bought it. and 2. I am a huge fan of Teresa Collins! How does this apply to my layout? Well for over 12 months now I have had some of her paper collections sitting in the scrap room waiting to be used. Perfect candidates for Scrap Our Stash! When I saw the challenge for Take a Leap I thought I'd do a layout on me and my plans for the year. And I thought what a good time to get some of my Teresa Collins papers out!  I decided to use this photo as it has a certain feeling. It's like I'm challenging myself. So it works well with my 'Taking the leap' page. If you have a close look at the top of the photo spot you'll see the hidden tags that I put together. I added them so that you can relate the theme to my page and also because it's my promise to myself to take the leap. To challenge myself to go beyond my comfort zone, beyond my limits and to learn as much as possible this year.

Now it's your turn to take the leap and participate in the February challenge. Create a project describing your Leap and email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nicky

The February Challenge is anything to do with LEAP - it could be a Leap you've taken in buying or using a new tool, a new product, a new technique, or your project could have somehing to do with your taking a leap. Anything goes! Take a leap and take the challenge. To participate in the February LEAP Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on February 29th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of April. This challenge ends at midnight central time February 29th.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Love your page Nicky, TC papers are so beautiful and they work really well with the brilliant photo to produce and really elegant fee to the page. Good luck with your LEAP. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky, I was immediately drawn to the colors in your layout! Those luscious colors really made the b/w photo POP! I think your hidden tag was brilliant too!! Great job on the leap challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the deep rich colors and the hidden tags. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the embellies you chose, great theme and awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a gorgeous layout! Love all the Teresa Collins lovelies added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to take the leap challenge. And a great way to keep yourself accountable. Love the layout, the hidden journaling, the picture you chose and especially the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that jewel and your hidden journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the look of the black as a matte. Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete