October 6, 2012

Meet Rachelle, Our Guest Designer for October!

Hello Everyone! It is my pleasure to announce that our Guest Designer for October is Rachelle from Scrapbook 24-7~365. She is very inspiring and I know you will just love getting to know her! Let's look forward to seeing some of her work this month, read her story, and start out with a visitto her blog if you click the link above! Deb♥

My name is Rachelle. I am a mother to 2 grown sons; 20 and 35 and grandmother to 2 beautiful grandchildren. I was a 6th grade teacher for 7 years and highly active within the community and my church. I completed higher education at the master level in early childhood and special education. I was told, "I had the heart of a teacher." I loved to educate our young people. God gave me the talent of being a wedding decorator and floral designer. My journey took a sad turn when I was no longer able to stand and walk. I became physically disabled and had to be cared for each day in my home. Now I am wheelchair bound all day and keeping busy was my goal. I wanted to be creative keep busy so I took PSP classes [paintshop pro]. I became a tag designer on ning sites. I started scrapbooking in 2008 when I viewed a friends work. My passion quickly turned into addiction. By then I had to have more and learn more. Thus, here I am today enjoying my passion as therapy. SYTLE My style has been described as detailed, beautiful, shabby chic, clean and simple, and multifaceted. My greatest strength is attention to detail. I pay close attention to my design and elements I select for each project. I like to take the viewer on a visual journey of my designs. I like creating using various styles: Clean and Simple Vintage Shabby Chic Elegant Grungy Girly/Boy layouts Paper Crafting~Cards I like majority of the techniques and always trying to learn and create what is the latest and trendy. God Bless you now and always Rachelle~Lady Zion

8 comments:

  1. Welcome, Rachelle! So glad that you're here to share your addiction, I mean passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you with us this month Rachelle! Can't wait for you to share your projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! Excited to see your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are among friends here! I think we are all addicted. LOL Sounds like you are a strong lady and have a passion for life. So good to meet you. Can't wait to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Rachelle, even if it is across miles of pond. Your courage is admirable and there's nothing wrong with being addicted to crafting ... more than a few of us are too. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Rachelle on being the Guest Designer for the month! Love your work and creativity!!! WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to get to know you a bit more Rachelle! I adore your work! Congrats and thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete